The Wait is Over!

My first fabric collection, named "September Light" for In the Beginning Fabrics just arrived from the mill and I am so happy to post images of a labor of love that has finally come full circle! All of the 32 patterns are on quilting-quality 100% cotton and I am happy to say that it is nice and soft and has a high thread count, so it's great for quilts and any other sewing projects.
This collection is inspired by the beautiful world I see around me every day and nature's reminders to enjoy it.
Because no matter what is on the nightly news - outside, there patiently stands the old tree that shades my yard. Do dragonflies worry about the stock market? Don't think so. I take comfort and find such pleasure in being reminded that there is so much more to our world than errands, to-do lists and the dreaded news.
And I find that the month of September and it's magical light is when these lovely reminders are all around us. From the impossibly inky blue sky, to the glow of a bunch of flowers at dusk,
or the incredible smell of a dried grass field that becomes an impromptu stage for dancing sparrows. These are a few of the things that I thought about while painting these patterns.
So, I'm going to get sewing and we'll see what I can cook up! Also, I just created a blog especially for sharing fun fabric info and I would also love to use it as a place to see and share your creations, so please check it out and send me photos! :)

The fabric should start to arrive at local shops by the end of August and there will even be a launch party at the small but mighty West Seattle Fabric Company in September. Thank you, Monica for being a supporter of your local artist!

Lastly, thank you, In the Beginning Fabrics for taking a leap of faith that my paintings would translate successfully onto fabric. I am so grateful that I was able to work with a high quality local company and meet the friendly faces that were going to make this dream happen.

8 comments:

aka Laurenski said...

Wow! Yay! you are published! These fabrics are gorgeous, I can't wait to make new kitchen curtains with the big red flowers and orangey background. Thanks for brightening up the world Lida!
Lauren

Lida Enche said...

Thanks, Lauren! Please send me a photo of your curtains when you are done! I would love to see them. Lida :)

Cheryl Allison of On the Grain Fabrics said...

Just received this collection for my shop. I am so in love! Do I have to share?

Lida Enche said...

Thank you, Cheryl for the comment! I see that you are also a new "follower" of my blog. Please send me photos of projects using "September Light" - I would love to post photos of them on my blog. And, yes - You have to share. :)

Jan Gillingham said...

September Light has just arrived on Ruby Street. The collection is gorgeous. May we have more of your work on fabric? I hope you don't mind, I lifted a photo and quote to introduce you on our website. Thank you for your delightful collection.

Jan Gillingham, Owner
Ruby Street Quiltworks
Tumwater, WA

Jan Gillingham said...

September Light has just arrived on Ruby Street. The collection is gorgeous. May we have more of your work on fabric? I hope you don't mind, I lifted a photo and quote to introduce you on our website. Thank you for your delightful collection.

Jan Gillingham, Owner
Ruby Street Quiltworks
Tumwater, WA

Lida Enche said...

Jan, thank you so much for your comments! I am working steadily to paint more art for fabric right now. Look for the next collection in Summer of 2012 - it's going to be a fun one and the art is full of life and movement. I hope to one day visit your shop. :)

Patti said...

These fabrics are beautiful!